The price for the weekend includes:
- The Hold Me Tight book (which we will mail to you in advance so you can read it before the workshop).
At the Hold Me Tight Workshop, you will each receive a workbook full of helpful exercises.
- Engaging presentations, video demonstrations of other real life couples, and the opportunity for many private exercises and conversations with your partner.
- Michelle and Sam will be available to give you personal support and guidance as needed.
- Experienced therapist helpers, trained in the EFT model, and available to you to offer additional support.
- Coffee, Tea and Light Snacks will be provided. Lunch is on your own. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. (We are located at Fort Mason Center near restaurants and coffee shops in the Marina district.)
What To Expect:
The Hold Me Tight Workshop is designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tightbook, all of which have been shown to be essential to successful relationships. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship by presentations by the workshop leaders, private exercises and conversations with your partner and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the group if you do not wish to. All of the dialogues with your partner will be done in private, as we always emphasize privacy and comfort. We welcome people of all backgrounds, ages, faiths and sexual orientations. We encourage you to seek therapy if you are in high relational distress.
What Leading Relationship Experts and Authors say about Hold Me Tight:
“At last a road map through Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy with its creator. Dr. Johnson’s superb science, humor, and clinical wisdom are finally accessible to all of us. I couldn’t pick a smarter, warmer and more real guide for this journey.”
- John Gottman, PhD, bestselling author of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and co-author of And Baby Makes Three
“Dr Sue Johnson is the most original contributor to couples therapy to come along in the last thirty years. This book will touch your heart, stimulate your mind and give you practical strategies for improving your relationship.”
- William J. Doherty, PhD, author of Take Back Your Marriage
“Wonderful… Hold Me Tight blends the best in research findings with practical suggestions from a caring and compassionate clinician. Hold Me Tight will be of great benefit to couples trying to find their way to better communication and deeper, more fulfilling ways of being with each other. Bravo!”
- Daniel J Siegel, MD, author of Parenting from the Inside Out
“A much-needed message to all couples and therapists, and I recommend it to all”
- Harville Hendrix, PhD, author of Getting the Love You Want
At our Hold Me Tight Workshop, you will learn and experience how to:
- Affirm strengths in your relationship
- Address negative interaction patterns
- Understand more clearly each other’s emotions
- Recognize underlying reasons for your conflicts
- Learn how to repair and forgive
- Enhance your emotional and physical closeness
- Improve your communication
This nonjudgmental, research-based seminar will help you:
- Describe and control negative cycles in your relationship
- Affirm your individual needs for closeness and safety
- Create positive experiences learning to reach for one another to create a secure bond