My approach to therapy is relational and incorporates self-empowerment so that you can work on creating and embracing your life with freedom and confidence. I believe that there are many different paths a person can take to reach the same destination. My role is not to tell you which path to take, but to help you explore which one is the best decision for you.
Specialties and Experience
I am a licensed alcohol and drug counselor (LADC) and a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT). I have worked in both residential and outpatient treatment settings, providing the following services:
- Comprehensive alcohol and drug assessments for adults and adolescents
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, one of only two methods of couples therapy that is proven to work, even in extremely distressed couples.
- Discernment Counseling to help couples who are uncertain about the future of their relationship
- Prepare-Enrich, the most widely used couple assessment for premarital counseling
- Affirming work with LGBT clients
I hold a B.A. in Psychology and a Certificate in Addiction’s Counseling from the University of Minnesota and an M.A. in Marriage & Family Therapy from St Mary’s University of Minnesota.